Thursday, September 15, 2011

¡No pare, sigue, sigue!

Wepa!  I am starting this blog so that my friends & family can keep up with my journey on the 2nd National Tour of In the Heights!!  (click the link for tour dates and ticket info)

I love this show and am so honored to be a part of it!  For those of you who don't know already, I was cast as a swing and understudy for Daniela, Camila & Abuela Claudia; I learned this week that I am covering 1 ensemble track + my 3 leads for a total of 4 roles.  (I better make this blog post short and get back to learning my lines/music).

The first week of rehearsals have been amazing!  Michael Balderrama is our resident director and Alex Lacamoire and Andy Blankenbuehler have both been at rehearsals supervising music and choreography with Antuan "Magic" & Morgan assisting.  Also, Lin tweeted about us saying that "we sound awesome".  So cool!

Everyone in the cast is amazing...such a talented group of people! And I have to say, I am in total awe of our dancers.  They are so fierce!!

Here is a picture of the model for our set (borrowed from Robert's FB--Thank you, Robert!):


Feeling so grateful and blessed.  Now, back to learning lines and music.

xo Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment