Sunday, October 2, 2011

sweet Carolin(a)

I just woke up, it's Friday September 30th and I am in Clemson, South Carolina and I have so much to report!!  Let me back track a few days.  On Tuesday, we did our first run through for an audience.  This included many members of the 1st National tour cast that had been invited.  It was a great run through and the previous company members were so supportive.  On Wednesday night, our audience included many members of the Broadway company and Lin, Alex and Andy.  Everyone was, again, so supportive.  Here is a photo of some of the Broadway company and us: 
Also, I got to meet Blanca Camacho who covered the same tracks that I am covering in the Broadway company. 

Later that night, I got a call from our director informing me that I was going to be covering Abuela Claudia for the run through the following day and while we were in Clemson for Tech and Previews and likely for the first couple stops on the tour until the replacement was ready.  Whoah!  I know that jumping in to cover is part of my job but I did not expect it to happen so soon.  Luckily, Abuela was the role I was most off book for so I was able to spend that night reviewing lines with JP and get some sleep.  Did I mention that I am sick...it's just a cold/cough (I think) but I have not been able to sleep through the night.  At any rate, the following morning we had a put-in rehearsal for me.  Then, at 11am we opened the doors for the invited guests and boom, showtime!  Talk about an adrenaline rush.  Wow!  The cast and audience were so incredibly supportive.  They were patient with me and helped make sure I was in the right place at the right time.  It was a good run.  We bid farewell to Ripley-Grier studios, Amanda (our awesome PA) and Magic our fierce and wonderful Associate Choreographer.

We got to LaGuardia and our flight was delayed 3 hours.  Not to worry, I purchased 3 new bridal magazines and it took me almost 3 hours to look at all of them.  Once we got to Charlotte, we hopped on the bus for the 2.5 hour drive from there to Clemson, SC and went straight to bed.  Soooo tired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment